Upcoming EventsSep22SatSep23SunSep25TueSep29SatSep30SunOct1MonOct5Fri10:00 am Bim Bom Baby Shabbat ArtBim Bom Baby Shabbat ArtOct 5 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 amMOMS, DADS, AUNTS, UNCLES, AND GRANDPARENTS! BIM BOM BABY SHABBAT Please join us to celebrate Shabbat with Temple Shir Shalom’s Rabbis. Bim Bom Baby is geared to babies and children 0-4 years old. Braid challah, sing songs, and make new … Continue reading →
Temple Shir Shalom prides itself on being a community of learners. From our weekly “Tish” study group on Shabbat to the many adult education classes and mini-courses taught by our Rabbis throughout the year, there is something for everyone.
Interfaith families or those with minimal Jewish backgrounds are encouraged to explore their Judaism in a warm and caring environment. In keeping with our commitment to be a house of study, we invite you to take part in the many learning opportunities here at Shir Shalom.
Our Religious School (Shoresh) offers a comprehensive Hebrew and Judaic education for children in Pre-K through High School. Our religious school program prepares children for Bar and Bat Mitzvah while providing a foundation for further studies. Our innovative Madrichim program meets monthly for student in grades 7 and 8 and consists of informal camp-style retreats and social action projects to build a stronger community.
Our High School program focuses on teens being Jewish in a non-Jewish world and making Judaism relevant in the modern world. A more detailed description of our educational offerings can be viewed in the School Handbook.
The Learning Center of Temple Shir Shalom preschool will reflect the vision, mission and values that temple embraces.
- The Preschool will reflect our belief that each child has unique skills, talents and resources to share.
- The Preschool will instill a love of learning.
- The Preschool will be committed to the social, emotional, intellectual, creative and spiritual growth of each individual child.
- The Preschool will prepare a plan for each child responsive to his/her unique learning styles, social-emotional needs, and family dynamics.
- The Preschool will be committed to ongoing consultation with parents and evaluation of the child’s progress.